Working out while Pregnant

Besides walking what are some other work outs that are safe to do while pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Anything except lifting very heavy weights, consult your doctor before to make sure.

Answer by older at 7:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• You should really talk to your doctor. Generally speaking, any exercise you do prior to conceiving is safe for the baby (as long as it's not high-contact), but your doctor can tell you what's safe for you specifically.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I agree make sure your doctor is ok with you exercising. I think a lot of pregnant women like doing Yoga, stretching, some even have said Pilate's.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• certain yoga and stretches....and work those kegels!!!!
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i am 22weeks n 1 day along n my pregnany n i actually m in a prenatal yoga class and i go 3 times a week for 2 - 4 hrs, my doctor actually found this class for me through our local hospital and i am gaining weight 4 the pregnancy but none that u can look and notice but besides my growing belly n chubby glowing face. i suggest you mayb ask ur doctor if he r she knows of any excercise classes u can take and where
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Have you been exercising since before you were pregnant? Generally, the exercises you did before are okay. Things to avoid are contact sports, horseback riding, roller skating/blading, skate boarding, and heavy lifting. Walking and swimming are two of the safest things you can do. Get your doctor's okay for exercise. I swam, rode my bike, walked, and lifted weights (less weight than before) throughouty pregnancy. Listen to your body. It's easy to get hurt, because hormones are relaxing your ligament, so they stretch further than usual. You can also get light headed easily, so if you do, STOP. Drink plenty of water, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2010