kids making grandmas bday present

Since money is tight right now before christmas, I was going to have the kids make their grandma her 59th birthday present. Her birthday is right after thanksgiving, any cute, cheap, simple (ages 5 and 7) craft ideas for a present?

MamaSpurg

Asked by MamaSpurg at 8:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• have them make her her own Christmas ornament with their hand prints and her age on the back, just buy a reg ornament and paint they are super cute and will be around a life time or maybe a sweat shirt with their hand and feet prints the paint comes right off and just write best Grandma and the year she will love it!!!
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 8:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My sitter once made a greeting card for me. It was so dang cute. It was cut like a pop up book with pics of my kids and this cute little poem that went through each page, made a whole story by the end of the pages. Family pics are always grandmacherished by Grandmas, so any kind of craft project that includes some cute pics of the kids would sound great to me!

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• One year I let my kids make a place mat for there Nana. All you need is construction paper, crayons, A picture of them to place on there if you like. Let them make there own designs. My kids had a blast making them & she loved them so much more then a store bought gift. You can by lamenant (sorry spelling on that is wrong) to put over them. I bought a roll of it. It is a little hard to work with but it made it nice knowing it would last for a long time. She uses them as pictures on the wall.
    Not sure where you live but if you have a dollar tree there you can find all kinds of kids crafting stuff. I bought some different foam shapes & I am going to place kids pictures in the middle and they can decorate them with pom poms, other foam designs. It is so much fun seeing what they make. I hope this helps out.
    kidstolove4

Answer by kidstolove4 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• you can make homemade scented soap and bath stuff. ant craft store will have all the stuff you need. my kids did that one year for preschool teachers.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2010