I think I over estimated shipping cost on something I'm selling on Ebay?

Is the buyer going to know how much shipping I actually paid? If so, how do I reimburse them? They are responsible for shipping charges.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• That's where people make their money. Hypothetically speaking, you are charging for shipping and handling. You are charging them for the packing materials, time, and gas spent getting to the post office. If I sell something, it's usually flat rate. I know what media mail charges, etc. I've bought some yankee candle tarts and had to pay $10.00 for shipping. And that seller did not combine shipping with multiple items. It's nice that you feel bad, but think of how much ebay skims from the top of what you sell. If they wanted it, they will pay for it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• They did agree on the specified shipping charge in the auction and must not have had a problem with it if they went ahead & bid. If you print out your shipping labels online through Paypal, you can choose NOT to have the shipping charge shown on the lable. If you go to the Post Office to pay, the amount will show. You could reimburse them the difference through Paypal after you ship and pay the actual amount. You are entitled to some extra $ collected from shipping to cover your gasoline & packaging materials though. But if the amount after all is said & done is still high, just return the balance through Paypal.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• and they see the shipping price before they bid or buy the item. I always check that after I look at the price of the item. So no worries.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• they typically pay the shipping. If you find you need to reimburse them somethen that is very kind of you! slip it into the box. They will appreciate it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• If they pay through paypal you can refund them the difference to the paypal account that they used :)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I've noticed alot of sellers overcharge on shipping, especially if the price is really low. You'd have to ask paypal how to reimburse if you are that concerned, or work something out with the buyer.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 8:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010