Just got the IUD (MIRENA) today feeling okay but wondering how the experience is going to be and if am gonna get any weight cause of the hormones? Any stories?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never gained any weight, but every woman's body is different.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ok here is my story. i gave birth to my son may 16th 2009 .. july 2009 i got the iud mirena. i had it removed aug 2009 i hated it gained weight could not lose 1 single lb when doing exercise and the atkins diet. but i talk to some ladies who lose on it and love it. and then i talk to some who gain just like i did . Also i broke out on my face really bad with iud. i was 170 some lbs when i got mirena taken out in aug ......today i am 131lbs
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 8:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Go to this answer (http://www.cafemom.com/answers/639240/Any_one_else_have_issues_with_mirena) and you will find my story..I'm on my cell and can't copy and paste anything but the link, sorry. There is also a second.a answer from me, a continuation of the first one.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I was JUST thinking about asking a question about Mirena and Paragard. I am going to be deciding between the two, because after baby three is born I never want to think about pregnancy again. Hahaha However, I'm HORRIBLE at taking pills ontime, so this really is one of my only options outside of the shot. Which would be an inconvience really. Thanks for posting!!!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I hate it. I got it in June 2007. I have mood swings that I have never had before. I am always tired. I didn't really have acne as a teenager, but I have it and it is horrible. These are side effects of Mirena. Health Ins. paid to get it, but will not pay to get it removed early. I called my Dr. Tuesday and they charge $500 to remove it. My husband nearly passed out.
    I have loved not having a period the entire time, but the side effects greatly out weight the good.

I would not recommend Mirena
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 8:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i got it in in oct 2008... and jsut had it removed oct 2010.. it was upside down... i didnt loose anyweight no matter what i did, i bled for 9 months straight, and was in mild pain the whole time i had it in.. getting it removed was the worst pain ever. and i gave birth naturally 2 times! i will never get another iud ever!
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 9:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I didn't mind having one. I didn't seem to have any really bad side effects. I think you can have bad side effects with any bc you use. The only problem I had was that it fell out after 2 1/2 years. I could have gotten another one put back in but didn't. now expecting my third. One good thing is that it seems to be easy to get pregnant after it comes out/ you have it taken out, for anyone i've talked to :) GL
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 10:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I got mine august 19th 2010. I had a period the forst week in september ans spotted off and on throughout september and havent bled at all since. :) I have not gained any weight at all and have no side effects that i notice :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I had the Mirena for 5 months, and bled every single day. Other than that, I had the occasional mood swing, didn't gain any noticable weight, and it effected my breastmilk in a very negative way. Everyone's experience is different, but I probably won't do it again just for the bleeding issue alone.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:57 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• There are SO MANY posts on here from women that got pregnant with that in. My friend has it and says it's pointless because it's started falling out and it pokes her husband in the tip pf his penis because part of it is sticking out of her cervix.

She doesn't have insurance anymore and her doctor won't fix it without 800 dollars.

I would NEVER get this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Nov. 19, 2010