THinking of disconnecting cable and watching ....

So my cable/telephone/internet bill is now $145 a month! Im thinking of turning off our home phone and cable and watching our shows via Hulu or other internet channels (just have to connect tv to computer) and Netflix. Has anyone else done this and do you like it? Just seems so expensive, i could save $$.

MamaSpurg

Asked by MamaSpurg at 8:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We did not get our cable hooked up when we moved last year and our internet bill is $60. We have netflix and a lot of shows are online through the channel's website. If not, there are other places to look. There's no point in paying double when you can get it on the computer. Plus, you aren't paying for channels you do not watch.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• LOVE NetFlix! Only $9 per month! I understand you can get unlimited downloads to your Wii through NetFlix, but we haven't done it...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 8:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We just turned in our box and we have netflix to replace it! We were going to turn it in awhile back, but I wanted to keep it so I could watch Project Runway, lol
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 8:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• go for it girlfriend! Also netflix u can get the whole season of tv shows without the commercials!
    hi.everyone

Answer by hi.everyone at 8:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• DO IT! You can survive without the Tube! It will make for more family time, and help you save $$! Good for you for knowing what is important and what isn't. I wish more people were like you! :)
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 9:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Good way to save big time!

Answer by older at 8:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We don't have cable or satalite service. We just use netflix or amazon on demand. It's been that way for over a year now.
    KathrynJL

Answer by KathrynJL at 8:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We just ditched our cable and have internet and netflix only, and we love it! All the current shows we watch we can keep up with online and Netflix streams through both our laptops and the dvd player. We went from paying 102 per month to about 50.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I haven't had cable in a few years. You are doing the right thing.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 8:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We did it too, just recently. We got rid of comcast and went to ATT for internet we went from 150 a month to 15 for internet and 15 for netflix. I can watch the CW and Fox (not Foxs news) Bones, all for free over the internet. We stream netflix through the wii or the xbox and my laptop plays through the HDMI cable.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 8:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2010