How do I explain this to my husband??

We kinda had a tiff earlier. He goes to bed at a decent time because he has to work. Tonight he got very upset when I said I'd go in the living room to watch tv. He finally told me that he thinks I don't love him anymore and want to stay up all night on the comp and not sleep with him. (On the inside it touched me that he'd react this way) But I'm 36wks pregnant!! How do I explain to him that I don't WANT to stay up late, that I can't sleep. He can't seem to understand. He really thinks I don't want to sleep with him. I've taken to going to bed with him when he goes and leaving when he falls asleep. Should I try to explain better? Or just keep making him think I'm going to bed with him?

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 4:34 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• To save argument I would just lay down with him til he falls asleep. Maybe you could at least get off your feet and get some cuddle time in. Or do what I would do and lay in there bitching about how I cant sleep and I'm so uncomfortable and "honey rub my back" "rub it more" "I've got heartburn" until HE gets to the point where he is begging for some sleep and wants you to go watch your tv! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:16 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• To really convince your husband that you love him is to do what brings most men to their knees: food, backrubs, and oral sex. Afterwards, explain to him that you are having trouble with sleep because of the advance pregnancy, just something physical not to be taken personally. Then lots of hugs and kisses.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 4:40 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Explain! The last thing you want to do is make him feel worse than he already does! Just sit him down and explain what is going on with you, I think you will find he will be VERY understanding and if he is not well than he is just stubborn lol
    anaandryan

Answer by anaandryan at 4:42 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Lol I can't use oral as leverage. I kinda ruined that because I love going down on him so much that I give it to him twice a day anyway. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• no no hun explain to him that it's not because of him that you are not going to bed, let him know how uncomfortable you are and that sleep just isn't in your agenda simply because you have this child inside you and every which way you lay it hurts and possibly you don't want to keep him awake knowing full well he has to get up for work, by you tossing and turning all night. I know I am going through that even now and I did with my last, it completely sucks when you can't get comfy to sleep.
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 4:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Just tell him exactly what you've written here.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Just tell him! My husband stayed up with me when I couldnt sleep, and during the end, when the only comfortable place I could sleep was the couch, he slept on the floor beside me!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 8:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• He thinks you don't love him anymore? You didn't mention any other children so I gather this is your first. What I think, as most expecting first time daddys get jealous, that may be his issue, but when he watches something the size of a watermelon come out of a hole the size of a lemon, then ask him, what was it you were saying?
    Star419

Answer by Star419 at 8:22 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Isra1986 that's the sweetest thing!

Just tell him. Insomnia in the third trimester is normal (I had it with my twins), my husband didn't understand either until I explained to him that it was insomnia... he understood that right away because he's an Iraqi Vet and insomnia's a common thing for him.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 9:00 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• TO be on the computer all night for one thing isnt good.I to would feel like you were up to no good.Every one goes threw the IM sleepy she or he isnt.That isnt the problem here the problem is what are you going to be doing while he is sleeping that bothers him.If you stay up stay off the computer.If I have to guess your addicted an cant.Other wise he wouldnt have told you this as one of his reasons.ITs not the TV he is worried about or that you are going to watch is IT?Try getting out of bed earlier an then you will be ready to go when he goes.YOur not tired cause you stay up all night an sleep all day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2008