If you had to choose between your religion, and your SO, which would you choose?

And why?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 8:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Religious Debate

• my significant other would have to be preeety significant, such as a proven soulmate who would never leave me or hurt me, and i would do it. i wouldn't change if there was a chance the dude would up and leave or do something terrible. this is because i would choose a beloved human being over a creed, because i coudl always have Jesus my way, and have my man too
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I don't have a religion so it wouldn't apply to me, but my family is always first.

Answer by older at 8:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My Faith... And he knows it. I love my husband dearly, and we disagree on religion. But he knows if it ever comes down to my faith or him, I would give him up. My faith is a part of who I am, I couldn't give it up even if I stopped practicing... On the other hand, no man is irreplaceable, no matter how much we love them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have to say religion. I actually had to choose and we aren't together anymore.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My S.O because I don't need religion if I have Jesus in my heart!
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• That's tough, and I don't really have a religion. I guess if it were between my husband and God, I'd choose God. As bad as I feel saying it, if it were between God and my son, I don't know if I'd be able to make the same choice, though. As for why, it's kinda too hard to explain and too deep of an issue.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• That is a hard question to answer for me personally, though i read the Bible, I have read up on other religions and have to say some of them have great beliefs. Overall, I can respectfully appreciate some of Buddhas teachings. I do personally, believe that everyone has a right to believe what they want. With that said though, I feel anyone that causes harm to another being or makes someone do something against their will is wrong. I am open and try to understand why people believe what they believe. Its interesting and then I see how they act out what they believe. I have met some awesome people who do not believe as I do, but I sure do appreciate and love them for who they are.
    VGonzalez73

Answer by VGonzalez73 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Family should always come first. SO trumps religion for me
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I don't have a "religion" but I do have pretty deep beliefs. With that said, I'd never choose them over my DH. We've been through too much, and grown too much together to ever let that go. He means more to me than anyone or anything. He is part of my spiritual beliefs, and so by being with him my beliefs stay alive.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i don't have religion either so thats easy...even if i did i would choose my dh
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2010