• In the Spotlight:

Do you think having extra weight makes a person less attractive?

In MY own case... yes. I think I looked much better when I was thinner. But as for everybody else, I don't think it hinders their looks. My friend Bonifacio lost a lot of weight and I still thought he was handsome before and after. I'm just wondering cuz I remember guys telling me "You're hot, but you'd be hotter if you'd lose some weight."

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 5:46 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think as long as you're healthy and carry yourself well it can be attractive. You also need to dress to flatter your body. I went from being 220 lbs down to 93. Now I'm somewhere in the middle and happy there, but I think I looked better at 220 than 93 with my bones all sticking out!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 8:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Thats messed up. I hate that weight is a major turn off to alot of people. My hubby is a little over 200 and at 5'7 and i still find him sexy just as he finds me sexy at my pre-prego weight of 189 at 5'9
    Molliemom2b

Answer by Molliemom2b at 7:07 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I am very pretty however last October I stared to gain weight. I gained 50 lb. in four months. The doctors tested me for months to figure it out. I was very depressed for a while and felt that I was not pretty anymore. Now I think I look great. I still have my pretty face so nothing changed.
    oneill8

Answer by oneill8 at 7:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As long as YOU are happy with the way you look, who cares?
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 8:03 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Depends on how much extra weight we're talkin' about, 40lbs or 140lbs? If everyone weighed what the insurance chart says we should weigh some of us would look anorexic.

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 8:04 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• No, I don't think that a little extra weight would make somone look less attractive. I do on personality. (how old is that? lol) I have this one friend who is overweight, but has the most beautiful face, and complextion, and she is not skinny. So I would say its an opinion thing.
    Jenny_poo

Answer by Jenny_poo at 8:25 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I think it depends on how much weight. I've dated women before and, honestly, I prefer visually someone who is around 140-160lbs...not the stick thin 100lbs or something. I like hips and boobs and butt...I think a little weight is feminine. Now that said, I weigh in that same bracket and hate to look at myself. With a man, I think they don't really pay attention to it as much and would just be glad to see some skin once in a while. On a man I like them to be a little overweight...200 or a little over depending on height. I guess a bigger man makes me feel more feminine and even more protected I guess. Ok...I think I'm weird now! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Weight is all about how you feel about yourself. I think everyone has a "perfect size" in their head, that they would love to be, but it all boils down to feeling good about yourself and being healthy.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:36 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• umm ... my opinion , in the media it matters , so therefore it matters around u. it sucks! i threw out all my pics from jr high wen i was rly thin ... and i dont have any pics setting out of myself ... theres pics of me and my bf but my face is covered up but other pics i dont have frames for yet ... my bf tells me how perfect i am , and he HAS to have a thick grl , hes not for havin one of those grls who hes scared to b on top of (lol hes a dork). but deep down i still think if he was givin the chance hed leave me for someone that looks like a damn supermodel or sumthin...
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 8:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• As for guys- I ONLY DATE bigger men. I dunno why I am just attracted to men who are on the larger side.
    As for women I think you need a lil junk in the trunk. Most women look better with some meat on their bones and a lot of woman have the body build for it. I dont, wish I did but I am a small person. 5 FT even (on a good day w/shoes on) and I weigh around 115-120LBS. My best friend is a plus size woman and I think she is absloutely beauitful. I wish I could carry my weight that well.
    luckyiamx3

Answer by luckyiamx3 at 8:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2008