PEDICURES&MANICURES IS 2YRS TOO YOUNG

my dd godmother wants to take her an her godsister who is 9 to get bi-weekly mani&pedi's..my hubby thinks its toooo young for a 2yr old to be getting her nails an toes done..
whats the earlies that u think is to young an what age will ?

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Two? Really? Other than obvious factor of sitting still, there are the questions about having a stranger touch her, what exactly are they going to do to her nails, and hygiene. You could be exposing her to viral and fungal infections, especially since children that young tend to have small nicks, cuts, and abrasions around their nails.

What would be far more fun for your little one is to do this at home, where she is more comfortable and the whole process can be wrapped up quickly if she becomes anxious, tired, or disinterested.
    J-M

Answer by J-M at 5:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i sometimes put a little bit of nail polish on my daughters fingers and toes but i wouldnt take her to a salon. Not only is it a waste of money, but the fumes in those places are really bad
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 9:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes, 2 years old is way too young for a mani/pedi.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Bi-weekly seems to be setting yourself up for a teen diva. Unless you can afford the habit, of course....
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• When the girl becomes a "woman." Think about the point of a mani/pedi. It's supposed to make women more attractive to men. It is not appropriate for children or girls to be trying to be "attractive." It's quite sick for all the people who think this is appropriate bonding with their children. These are the kinds of kids who get pregnant at 16.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 9:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My MIL & sister like to paint my daughters nails themself & play around like that but actually going into a place id rather wait until atleast 6yo..
    They dont sit that well that long.. Its alot of money (id rather see in a savings or something).. and i dont want to create a diva.. sorry but I dont get stuff like that done so i wont be paying or going & sitting so my daughter can "keep up her nails?" sorry i dont know why people do that. you can care for your own nails for very cheap! Id much rather teach my daughter how to do it herself & find better things to do with the money.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Meh, I don't think it will hurt her, but I can't understand spending that kind of money on nails for a 2yo either... Hell, I won't do it for me... If she really wants to do it, I would say ONCE, and see how it goes... But if she's not really die hard about it I wouldn't force it either... As for the DH, I would just ask him "What will it hurt?"

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• When my daughter was 4 she liked to go and they would just paint her nails but it was only once a few months with her aunt.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i dont go myself but i think that 2yr if she can still long enough what wrong with teaching her how to be girly..cuz im not girly so i think she should but i told he just doesnt want to see his lil girl grow up..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ty..i never thought bout me having o keep it up..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010