Hidden Cam

I have a friend who is divorced and her ex dropped off a plasma tv for the kids. My friend thinks that there may be a hidden cam in the tv. Is this possible? I know people put hidden cams in toys and so on, but is it possible to put one inside a tv? She think she see's a little lense in the bottom right corner. If it is possible, who can she call to check it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Technology

• Put "plumber's tape" over the location that she thinks is a camera, and contact a store that sells the same unit to see if it's possible to get inside to put a camera in. Sounds unlikely, but anything is possible with a crazed EX!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Looking at our plasma I have no idea where you would even put a camera. So I doubt it.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Tape would do the trick to block the view of the camera. I suppose it would be possible but I would check with the model of tv and see if it is possible.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ex dropped off a plasma tv ???
    unless he has more money than oprah, i too would think something was up
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea of an ex dropping off a plasma TV for the kids or not. I think I'd be suspicious too if my ex did that.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yep. It's possible to put a hidden cam in just about anything, and there are some that are made VERY small. I'd cover the part she's concerned about with tape.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think you should take it to best buy or something. Ask where he got it just in case it brakes you can check out the warranty then call the store and ask if it has a little lense on it or ask about the details. I would be so fresked I would do anything to find out.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It's completely possible. Cameras can be made small enough to fit inside lapel pins, so a TV definitely has room. If she's worried, cover it with tape, but chances are it's just the remote sensor...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• You can put a camera anywhere these days, do you have a book of features for the tv? if so look to see what the lens is if not go on line and look up the model and serial number and find out this way.

Answer by older at 9:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• cover the whole thing and dont let them watch it til you get it looked at. If there is a camera file charges...
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 9:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2010