For a young family which is more fun and will last longer a Wii or a X box with Kinect?

Children range in ages from 9 to 5 years. Why do you think one is better than the other?

bookworm23

Asked by bookworm23 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Entertainment

• We had a wii and played it for 2 months. We are selling it to get a kinect.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I don't know much about the Xbox with Kinect but my brother has a Wii and he has a 6, 9, and 11 year olds that absolutely love playing the Wii. I have teens and we all play the Wii also.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Ive never seen any other system other than Wii be a shared joy between 4 year olds and 90 year olds. WII all the way
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 9:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My children, ages 7 and 4, love the Wii.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 9:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Kinects...
    We have a Wii.. My 4yo never really got the hang of it.. and i got irritated working out & getting errors with the controller
    We got the kinects a few days after it came out & she totally understood it within 5 minutes (there is nothing to "not understand")
    With Wii we (adults/kids) had some issues with doing the right thing with the control.. but with the kinects we have no problems & the only warning we get is to stay in the right area so the camera can see us.

Kinects works for IMO for kids because it recognizes YOU as a person.. so people can hop in & out of play.. more party mode stuff..

I will keep my wii since we spent alot on the board & stuff & I just dont sell stuff easily but Kinects is my favorite.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I'm going to say an Xbox 360 with the Kinect.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• XBox w/Knect. My SS has a Wii at his moms, he has played it 3-4 times, he doesn't like it. He and my sone both are begging for the Knect for Christmas, so santa is going to bring them one.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Wii...I feel it has more games geared toward family and it's loads fun (I have it)
    Ariahsmom

Answer by Ariahsmom at 9:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• my sons are 3,11, 15 and they had the wii and neva played..they prefer the xbox
    honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010