Best deals on internet? cable.. phone...Netzero.. Help! :)

We are moving out on our own in a few months for the first time & want to go AS CHEAP AS POSSIBLE.
Whats the cheapest way to get internet? I mainly need it so i can keep an eye on our banking.
Is using dialup (phone line) best? DH is afraid using a phone line may rack up $$ on the phone for possible long distance charges? I dont know how any of that works we have been on cable for ever now.

I looked at the comcast bundle (phone, internet, cable) for $89.. That just sounds like alot!
Anyone have NetZero? How is their service?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Avoid dail-up. It will take forever for pages to load. I have dial-up until about four years ago and surfing the net, even checking e-mail was so frustratingly slow. We have DSL now, which we get through our phone company. During the summer, we had some outages when they were working on the lines, but otherwise service has been good. The only other choice around here is Time Warner and it's a lot more expensive.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Don't get NetZero. In this day and age, dialup is completely worthless. We had NetZero for about a week before I cancelled the service -- way too slow, crappy customer service too. If the only thing you need internet for is keeping an eye on banking, most banks have an automated teller phone line. We bundle our cable, internet and phone through Charter and we pay about $95, which is very reasonable since we get OnDemand, super-fast internet, and free long-distance.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Lol, dial-up is not worthless. It's what I'm using right now. I use net-zero. I have never had issues. It costs $15 a month. When we first got it, there was a promo deal for $10 for 6 months.
    You do not get charged long distance on your phone. They will find numbers that are local to you. Even for us way in the woods!!!

Do you have cell phones that have coverage in your area? What kind of service do you need on those? Will you be getting cable for sure? How much is the base cost of home phone service. All things to think about when deciding cost.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 19, 2010