truancy laws in va

i went to court with my 17 year old daughter and the judge told her that she was old enough to see that she got herself to school and she wasnt going to hold me and her dad responsible she was going to hold my daughter responsible. so she order that my daughter attend school regularly with no check outs and keep seeing her dr at mental health which my daughter has missed 9 days of school and was picked up 8 days but they were all dr excused and she has kept seeing her dr at mental health so can can the judge send her away for dr excuses?

wmtaiw52

Asked by wmtaiw52 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't think so. If she is under doctor care for any disorder, it is not truancy. But, I am not sure what the laws are in VA. Google them to be sure. But at her age, she can even drop out of school without permission from you. Atleast in Wisconsin. My brother dropped out at 16 but went to the local tech college to get his HSED when he turned 18. Completed what he needed to graduate in a semester.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• If the dr excused it then I don't think so
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:48 AM on Nov. 21, 2010