Is it bad that I haven't seen my daughter all day but her whinning is making me crazy.

She is 3 yrs old and just started this whining thing and I just can't take it.

mkirk713

Asked by mkirk713 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is completely understandable that it might bother you depending on the day that you have had and the fact that you may be tired also. However, she probably just wants some attention from you and taking the time to give her some attention may be good for you too. Cuddle with her for a few moments or read a short story or just chit chat or play for a few minutes. You might be surprised.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Nothing is bad abou that at all.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think that at some level we all go through that!...It is better to take some time for yourself an relax and calm down..or prepare you for whats comming than to be angry, or upset when the whinning starts! I have 5 boys ages 2-13 and i need time outs too! lol
    TrulyBlessedx8

Answer by TrulyBlessedx8 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think we expect too much of ourselves and each other if we think that we shouldn't feel like stuff like that drives us crazy. I'm a full-time student, and when I pick up the kids and look forward to an evening with them, but they are just fighting and screaming, I have to admit that I'm counting the hours until bedtime! Fortunately that is not every day. Eventually they will grow out of whatever stage they are in that drives us crazy (and will probably start doing something new that drives us crazy!).
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• No you are an awful mother how dare you ever get annoyed..now suck it up..and while your at it..come get my two whiney babies LOL!!! take a breather, I think we look forward to our kids thinking itll be a nice happy night and when we get otherwise its like a WTF moment!!! So completely normal!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2010