best ways to speed up conception after depo?

i was on depo until my last shot ended the beginning of June it is now mid November and nothing! i finally started having regular periods again recently but im just not getting pregnant. anyone know if theres a way to speed things up? anything that may have worked for you or someone you know? at the very least and inspirational story about pregnancy after the shot would be nice. THANKS!

mrs.sugar

Asked by mrs.sugar at 9:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• the only thing i can think of is have fun trying ;).
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 9:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• it took me 1 and a half yrs. to get pg after the last depo shot wore off
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i've been off for 2 yrs now and still nothing =( ...and still irregular periods
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Nope, and you don't want to. Depo really messes up your fertility. I've known quite a few women who've gotten pregnant after depo, each taking at least 1 year or longer to get pregnant afterwards, and every single woman I know who got pregnant after depo suffered a miscarriage with the first pregnancy after depo. I'm surprised that crap is still on the market.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I'm not familiar with the depo but if you are trying to get pregnant my doctor one time told me that when you are having sex to try to put a pillow behind you so you will raise yourself. He also told me that after sex not to get up, because most of us tend to get up right away. So just lay there for at least 1 hr. Best wishes. Oh, my grandma also says taking garlic every morning helps your uterus with something not sure what, but you can Google it and find out.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• thanks for all of your help i wish you all who are trying the best of luck and let me know if something changes. trying is always fun but when you have a nursery ready and a husband dying for a baby not to mention me feeling the same it does make it a little more stressful. almost like pressure to fill the beautiful crib we have all ready for a baby. take it no one has heard of wishing yourself pregnant lol
    mrs.sugar

Comment by mrs.sugar (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i know all of the bad side effects no but this is after doing the research on getting pregnant after depo had i known now what i know then i would have never tried it. i hope i dont miscarry if i do get pregnant.
    mrs.sugar

Comment by mrs.sugar (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• thank you for the advice i'll look into it. at this point id probably try anything
    mrs.sugar

Comment by mrs.sugar (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2010