Do any of you know what "Williams Syndrome" is?

I know some of you have intimate knowledge of it, would you care to share with the rest of us what this very fascinating disorder is?

(without copying and pasting from google?)

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 9:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Kids' Health

• sorry never heard of it...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• go to -webmd - and look it up
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Nope.. But will go google it now LOL.. Im intrested now :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Okay I had to look it up. I was starting to wonder if it wasn't real or something...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Oh, it is real... and it is very fascinating (stumbled across it a few years ago while I was researching something entirely different, and found it intriguing).
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• OP, are you bringing this up because of another poster? I find this interesting.. How can this 8 year old be "normal" except math, speaks 3 languages, lives a normal life etc when the info states something completely different.... I am confused now :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i have no idea but i remember that question from this morning so now i have to google it.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Ah, you catch on... ;)

Anyway, that aside.... can you imagine living with, or parenting someone with williams syndrome? I would be terrified all of the time! Just imagine how easily victimized they would be.
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Smart one tonight LOL.... From what I have read, it is in most cases a completely depend child for life.That will include multiple complications,pain, stress and other adverse effects on the body... So sad for anyone to truly have this.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Now I am interested in this disorder. Sometimes, you learn things from troll postings. I wonder what is REALLY going on in that families life. IF she is really a parent and not just messing around.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2010