Should I quit?

I just started sitting with an alzheimers patient. Today she came at me with a knife. I was hoping I would make enough money to get out of debt fast and I don't take her actions personally but should I quit now or stay and see how it goes? Apparently she always reacts negatively towards new caregivers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Will she warm up to you or will you be dodging death threats every day? I'd take into consideration how dangerous she truly is, her size, and what type of weapons are at her disposal.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ive been a caregiver for a while and have had all sorts of things like that happen. the thing is is that this might not be for you. they cant help how they act, you just have to be patient and also, hate to burst your bubble, but there isnt really any money in it either, unless you go for your lpn/rn.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It depends if your safety is at danger. Try to put all dangerous applicanes away. But it this keeps happening sure for job and quit when you have more money.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 9:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• don't give up
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Thanks ladies. Right after I posted my husband suggested that perhaps my life is worth more than all this. I am very accepting it's just that I am supposed to have overnight shifts and sleep in the same room with her and I don't feel safe. We decided it's not worth it. 10 years ago I would have gone for it but today she was very strong as crazy often is and I had a hard time getting the knife away from her. If she weren't so vulnerable I would have broken her over my knee but alas I would like to be given the same respect I give and so I restrained, pried and prayed. It doesn't seem right to have to look after my safety and hers all in one shift.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I agree... Not worth risking your life. That must have been pretty scary. Have you ever thought about working from home to make extra money? I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 20 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010