he hit me

so i went to my dads house tonight to ask him why he turned my cell phone off today and he freaked out started yelling at me, blocked the door, and held me down and then he hit me hard on the arm. I sprayed him with pepper spray that i had on my keys and ran out, and called 911 once i got in the car (you can still call 911 with a phone not working) so cops came and were awful to me, anyway can i be the one in trouble for spraying him with pepper spray???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Possibly. It depends on the state laws.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• if the cops did come then you know the answer

troll
    Anonymous

• Wow. It really depends - is pepper spray legal in your area? Can you prove he hit you first? Are there any witnesses to the situation? In our area, both of you could be charged depending on the circumstances. I'm really sorry you are going through this.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• you were defending yourself. Hopefully you filled out a police report.
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 9:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I'm not really sure, but it doesn't seem fair if you would be in trouble. You were trying to protect yourself! At the very least, if you are going to be in trouble for spraying him, he definitely will be in trouble for hitting you. So maybe it feels better to know that it wont be just you? My thoughts are with you.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 9:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• im not a troll.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• if cops called and there was a domestic fight, one of you should have been taken to jeil
    it is the law in my state
    were either of you taken into custody??
    and is pepper spray legal in your state
    Anonymous

• self defence
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• If he did those things you should have physical evidence on your body of injuries from his assault. What was the outcome of the police attending? They are the ones who tell you if what you did was illegal. Did you get charged?

Your facts seem a bit skewed which is why you're being labelled a troll IMO....Clarification might help....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• sorry im not a troll i cant post not anon now, didnt know that, i did not get charged so im assuming now that it is legal and the police said that they would send it to the district attorney
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2010