What is the best way to describe the feeling of contractions? Somebody told me before I gave birth that it was like really bad cramps. After I gave birth I laughed, it wasn't even close.

Jenaiko01

Asked by Jenaiko01 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• So what was it like for you? It was like cramps for me during three births.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Mine felt like really bad diarrhea cramps. Like I hadn't gone in years and was not cramping and about to. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It was like a large band wrapped around my body squeezing so tightly I could barely breathe........
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• it feels like thightening n as it gets stronger it feels like the worst poop cramping ever
    mamalove2010

Answer by mamalove2010 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Carol Burnett once responded when asked what labor felt like "Imagine pulling out your bottom lip....then pulling it over your head." After having been there..I agree with Carol.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I can't really describe what it felt like for me, but with two babies, it never felt like cramps! The only thing I can remember to be able to describe to people is that my stomach would tighten up and I could actually see it do that! Not to say it wasn't painful, cause it was, I just can't describe that part of it :)
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 10:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• everyone is different...that's all i have to say..
    nicoleNjeanna

Answer by nicoleNjeanna at 10:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I agree I cant describe it either. Thats how painful it was much worse then the worse cramp I ever felt. I felt like my body was being squeezed, I felt like I could have gone into shock. I guess its different for everyone.
    Jenaiko01

Comment by Jenaiko01 (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• it is not easy thats for sure
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My felt like a combination of the worst gas( like when you eaten some that give you gas but you can't go yet and all the gas is hurting your back and stomach, pressure , and menstrual cramps x30.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 11:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2010