I need imput on how to get my almost 3 year old daughter to poop on the potty...

She has been potty trained since aobut 18 months and goes pee pee on the potty just fine...and knows when she has to go poop, but asks for a pull up so that she can go #2. I have tried so many things to get her to feel comfortable enough to go on the potty...but she won't go. She will sit there for a minute toot a few times and then say that she doesn't have to go any more. HELP!!!

mommyrocks5

Asked by mommyrocks5 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am going thru that exact same issue with my 2 1/2 year old. When I know he has to poop I take his big boy pants off and tell him he can have them back after he poops on the potty. It has worked so far! Try letting her walk around without pants on if you are just staying at home when she has to poop.
    dbeeman81

Answer by dbeeman81 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My DS had the same prob then we did a "potty chart" we got a timer and would tell him that when the timer went off he would have to try to go. And if he tried he got 1 sticker if he went poop he got 2. The first few days were tough but then he kept wanting more stickers by the end of the first week he was pooping in his potty and half way through the second week he didnt even care about the stickers anymore.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 12:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My DD has the same issue, too. I have got to try that sticker chart. Right now, we are using jelly beans as a lure, but it's a 50/50 chance.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 2:23 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My daughter did the same thing, one day she was just ready and did it. Like you I tried everything but stand on my head. My peds doctor said do not force her. They are afraid of what is coming out of there body. I did ask my daughter why do you not want to go she said, mommy I am afraid there you go. Just keep telling her where #2 goes and just bring her to the potty. My daughter has been #2 trained since Nov 3. She just turned 3 in July. Then when she does go in the potty, take her out and get a new toy that is what I did.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 4:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I'd let her go diaper/pant less.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Thanks so much ladies for all of the feedback...I appreciate you taking the time to give me some new ideas. : )
    mommyrocks5

Comment by mommyrocks5 (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Just google toilet resistance. You will find this is normal, and will pass.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• When she is readyshe will start doing it
    mg25

Answer by mg25 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2010