Bed Bugs

So tonight we found a bed bug. So grossed out and stressed. We just moved to our house in Sept. and have started getting some bug bites. Not all the time. My oldest daughter gets them. She shares a room with my other daughter. They have bunk beds. The one on top bunk doesn't get bites. My baby also doesn't get bites, she has a separate room. My husband and I get bites. I have not gotten a bite in a while till last night I got like twenty. My husband has not got any bites for awhile. Well tonight we looked and we seen one crawling along box spring. We have only ever found one and looked a few other times. Any of you ever have a bed bug problem? What did you do? I am so scared of what this problem is going to cost and that we will have to buy new mattresses and box springs. We are so close to Christmas and I have been unemployed since the move. So cash is low and we have used most of savings with the move.Stress

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I feel like life is going down the shit hole lately. Sorry for language. This situation has me so stressed and scared.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I THINK you can call a exterminator and they can "Bomb" your house and all your things....bed included. You have to re wash all your laundry and stuff though.
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 10:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I know it's stressful to find something like that, but it is cureable. I would first call up an exterminator and ask them how they suggest you treat it. Sometimes you can get a lazy exterminator who would rather tell you how to treat it then actually come out to your house. LOL! If not, I would start reading up on the methods online. I know you can bomb your place with a bug bomb, not a nuclear one. ;) ----> trying to make you smile! Anyway, try the bomb, and I would wash all the linens in bleach.

Hopefully someone else can add to this.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I need to laugh. I need to be up at like 5:20 tomorrow morning and with just finding the bed bug and having got 20 bites last night, I am not going to sleep. I feel dirty and I get yelled at cause I am constantly cleaning and vacuuming. I wash bed sheets about every other week if not sooner. Argh... I just feel like someone is against me. We were told that the previous tenents that lived here were very dirty and like 10 people lived here. The landlord really fixed up the place and replaced carpet. Our furniture was stored at relatives houses, with no reported be bug problems. Also should we have to foot the whole cost to exterminate? Or should landlord help? Urhlich is coming monday... cannot come soon enough. I also want to call terminex.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2010