What are things that can cause pain in the ovarys during pregnancy?

I was told at the beginning of my pregnancy that I had an ovarian cyst. yesterday at my 1 month check up since the finding the tech said she didn't see the cyst. However I am still having the same kind of pains that I was having that they said were from the cyst. They are in the right ovary area; they feel like really bad cramps; laying down sometimes soothes the pain but even medication sometimes doean't help.

MAMABEBE3

Asked by MAMABEBE3 at 8:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Good question wish I could help you :( Have you tried laying in a tub of nice warm water? That may help with the pain and also try not lifting so much if you are! Just take it easy for the next 8 months or talk to your doctor and see what they think.
    anaandryan

Answer by anaandryan at 8:07 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Just because the tech didn't see the cyst doesn't mean it's not there. Ultrasounds can be tricky things that way. Since you are still having abdominal pain, I would give your doctor a call and talk to her/him about it.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:22 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• The cyst may have just moved, or shrunken down so the tech can't see it. Even if it's gone, you could still be feeling pain from it, especially since your uterus is growing and the pressure in your body is increasing.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 4, 2008