how would you react to paranormal activity around your house

last night I did not get much sleep because I was awakened by a "shhhssh" then a giggle sounding laugh...right in my ear and I was alone in bed....so I moved my head to the other end of the bed, sat up and said out loud, get out in the name of jesus, you are not wanted here you need to go find the light and leave me alone, in the name of jesus I command you to leave"....I got tingly all over...and fell asleep.
Then I was dreaming of something black giving me the finger...so I awoke again and started to recite psalms 23...I have no idea why, I just started saying it out loud.

for years something follows me...and in this house there are odd things that happen, I just can't explain...but the dis embodied voices stirs up alot in me and I get very firm with my feelings because I do not know what the hell it is and it needs to leave me alone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ok, if that happened to me, I'd shit my pants. I've had similar stuff happen, but nothing that gave me a bad feeling. For some reason, I never felt threatened. Here's a bump!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think i would poop my pants.

Maybe call one of those ghost shows?
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think I'd have to move
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Keep a Bible in your bedroom, in every room if you need to. Do what you are doing with telling it, "In the name of Jesus Christ, I command you to leave." Repeat it until you either dont feel it there, or until you feel safe. I'm not an expert on this, because I've never dealt with it, but this is what a friend on mine did and the "being" eventually went away
    youngmom20

Answer by youngmom20 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Voices, steps, cats playing with something only they can see. It hasn't been a problem, and no one feels threatened in our house.

Sounds like you did the right thing, but you can always call your minister/pastor/bishop to come and bless your house if you don't feel right about what happened. There's nothing out of the ordinary about blessing a house, and most people will be happy to oblige you if they know you are not comfortable there.

GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• There are some Awsome Paranormal groups on this site that can read photos and tell you whether or not the "spirit" is dangerous or not and can also give you tips on how to cleanse your house of spirits (if there are any present). I am part of quite a few so if you want links to the groups please let me know. GL and I know your not alone!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• When i was 14 I saw dark shadows in my room, went to church and told them what I saw (the elders) and they told me to say in the name of jesus I command you to leave...I did this over and over and then i felt safe for a few years but then there they were again....no matter what something follows me...my aunt just says its my mom, yeaaahh...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• You can find three really awesome prayers you can print and recite through the day while inside and outside of your house here, particularly the 3rd prayer with, "I claim victory that my Lord Jesus Christ...I renounce all the workings of Satan in my life..."  The same site also has a Spiritual Warfare Q&A Forum in which you can ask the exorcist a question or see if someone else experiences the same thing as you and see the exorcists answer.

If you go to Church you can call your minister, or whether or not you do, you can always call your local Catholic Church and ask to speak w/ the priest.

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 10:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I grew up in one of the most haunted areas in the country and I want to tell you please be careful anyone who tells you a ghost can't hurt you has no idea what they are talking about. The best thing you can do is get as many people together who are Christain to come and pray in your home. Pray in every room, address whatever it is and tell it that this is a house that serves the Lord and it has no place here. Pray and ask God to cleanse your house of all evil and to protect you from it Have someone, several people if possible, spend the night. My last piece of advice is that is this doesnt work GET OUT ASAP!!!!!
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i would get my house blessed and if that didn work i would really want to move,
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 10:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010