What made you decide your child's name?

Was it the meaning? Were they named after family or someone special to you? Did you just come across the name and couldn't get it out of your head? Was the origin important to you?

Nanixh

Asked by Nanixh at 10:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Baby Names

• 1st one, Chad Richard, Chad, cause my ex-husband's name is Brad,and his middle name is Richard, it's a family name on his side.
    2nd one, Brianne Nicole, we thought she was a boy, so we had Brian picked out,when we found out she was a girl, we added the "ne", and I picked Nicole for her middle name.
    3rd one, Kyndel James, Kyndel is after my dad, Kenneth, and James is after my husband's grandpa, James.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• when my dh and i were dating we talked about the name zoe for a girl but my sil ended up naming their 1st baby zoey so...we came named our dd josie, i heard it in a blink 182 song lol and i loved it! and her middle name is after my dad (daniel/danielle)

my ds..the only name my dh and i could agree on was sam so it's samuel and his middle name is james, after my grandfather and dh's grandfather was a james too
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• idk why i put came in there lol my bad
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I always wanted a boy first and said his name would be Dakota Ryan. The reason I chose this name is because I used to babysit a little boy with that name and even though I was 11 years old I almost felt he was mine because I was a live in babysitter for weeks on end and he was special needs. Not POSITIVE if it is coinsidence or not but my first was a boy named Dakota Ryan who is now 5yrs but he is also special needs. I always loved his name so that's what I had to name my son and also because I loved that little boy almost as much as my own!
    His sister (2 1/2 yrs) we got her name from a baby naming book and her father & I felt it appropriate. First name Christina meaning "Christian One" which we are and Marie meaning "mother Mary". We always loved her name and it seems to fit. As for our next we have no idea as of right now.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• The movie Tea With Mussolini- Cher plays in it. Luca was the young boys name and I love that movie my sons name is Luca.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My son's name is Tyler. It is a name that I liked after watching, "Hanging with Mr. Cooper." There was a little boy on the show named Tyler and he was the cutest thing I ever seen. The name fits my son perfectly. Tyler means "tile maker" and when he was a little boy, he loved tools and building things.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My husbands name is Pete and he didn't want his son named after him so we named him after our 2 best friends, Michael Vincent. Found out I was preg. again and was told it was a girl, when the time came to have the baby and I had a BOY we had to come up with a name fast, so I insisted on Steven Robert. My husband wasn't pleased with the name but he didn't know the initials of him and our 2 boys were PMS...
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:39 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My hubby named both of our kids and I think he did a wonderful job...our dd's name is Belle JoLee which means "beautiful joy", don't know where he thought of Belle but JoLee is a combination of my mother and his mother's middle names. Our ds's name is John Allen and he was proudly named after two of his great-grandpa's
    saydeejo

Answer by saydeejo at 1:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My daughter's name is Scarlett Abigail and I got Scarlett from the actress Scarlett Pomers that plays "Kyra" in the tv show "Reba" and I got Abigail from the character on the soap opera "Days of our Lives!" I just heard/saw them and knew that I wanted my first daughter to have those names. They're just beautiful. I never paid attention to the meanings, but Scarlett means red and is of Old French origin. Abigail means a father's joy and is of Hebrew origin. The meanings or origin didn't matter to me, just how they flowed with my last name and how beautiful they are. :)

My next child's name will either be Oliver Liam or Olivia Eindy. He or she will be named after my husband's deceased parents and my deceased grandfather.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• We had Aurora and Brynnlee picked out for DD and we had to wait and see her to know which one fit. We chose Brynnlee Rose and her name means Sweetheart, which is so fitting to her now! We also chose it because my hubs name starts with Bry and so does it!

Meaning is very important to m. DH and I are currently having trouble naming our second daughter (I'm 37 weeks) so Ill have to get back to ya on her, lol!
    SweetiePeasMama

Answer by SweetiePeasMama at 11:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2010