Are you worried about the economy?

Are you as nervous as me with the economy, it seems just to be getting worse every where.

dez32

Asked by dez32 at 8:09 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm extremely worried about the economy. Have you heard about the Amero? Supposedly, I'm not saying for sure, the U.S. dollar is going to be worthless by Feb. 2009. What the government intends to do is replace the U.S. currency with something they call the Amero. It is a combo of Mexican, Canadian, and American currency into this one form of currency. Supposedly what happened was that our government has borrowed so much money at this point that there is nothing left for them to borrow or use to pay it back. So the dollar will cease to exist and anyone who has American dollars in any type of savings what so ever are going to be forced to exchange it for 2 cents on the dollar. That means for every dollar they have saved they will recieve 2 cents. I don't know if it will happen but it sure does make some sense. They are calling it the largest heist in mankind.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 8:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• It is not only the people of this country that need to watch their spending it is also our government. They seem to be the ones who got us into this situation to begin with.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 8:21 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Actually the dollar is now going up in value; I made that comment to a friend of mine about the "amero" and she said that the dollar was going up in value, and was going to email the articles, but never did....so I don't have anything to offer to back that up right now....(she was suppose to email me the links to the articles yesterday; I'll see her again today, so perhaps later I'll).

That still doesn't mean that I not worried....but I think this was a wake up call for many that if you don't have CASH for it then don't buy!!! That's what the generations before us did and they all turned out fine. 12 months ago DH and I knew that we had to do something to get out of our debt and have been working hard on it. In 12 months we went from $10,000 in credit card debt to $1,800!!! GO US!!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:31 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• That's so awesome. You should be very prous of yourselves. I wish our govenment would do the same. As far as the Amero goes, only time will tell. I'd like to think that the U.S. dollar is going up in value. Of course that would be better for all. We'll see.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 8:37 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i am more worried about the american soldiers being in danger since democrats plan to cut military spending and also about america lives here if we are left unprotected and obama could care less about our military or americas safety .all he cares about is spreading the wealth and putting americans out of work with his tax plans.he is cutting military spending and putting it into social programs in other words welfare so lazy people wont have to work.
    georgia362

Answer by georgia362 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I wanted to build a house this year, but we're going to wait and see what happens...the economy is so scarey right now. We are blessed not to have lost our jobs but my husband's overtime was cut, so we're trying to adjust to that.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I live in a part of the country that doesn't seem to be nearly as affected by the economy as other parts of the nation. We're just outside of Washington DC. People still have jobs, the stores are as busy as ever and remain fully stocked, yes gas went up for a while, grocery prices are stll rather high, but all in all Northern VA is faring pretty well. Personally, our times are tight because we got hit with a HUGE capitol gains tax (we were anticipating the cost being 1/3 what it was) and now we have credit card debt for the first time in our lives. So while we work to pay that off, things are tight for us. All in all though, I think the economy will bounce back.
    icook

Answer by icook at 9:13 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Fortunately for me- where I live gas is back down to about $1.88/gallon. Thank God for gasbuddy.com. lol. I think it will be a little longer before I see my investments start to build back up though. Depending on who wins the election, it may take 5 years or more (good thing I'm young and not counting on that for retirement any time soon!).
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I am very concerned about the economy. I would challenge the person who made comments against Obama( I do not support Obama or McCain) to research the facts. I believe you are very misinformed about people who receive government cash assistance or welfare. There are many people out of work right now who are willing to work, but are unable to find jobs. Has this person considered how hard it is for a stay-at-home mom who lost her husband? Hopefully, she had life insurance, but if not, I am sure she would like to see her children eat. I do not receive welfare, but my eyes have been opened as my 8 member family (I have a husband and 6 children) has been very challenged during this difficult economic time in our country. We all need to realize that no matter how much money or material wealth we have, the Lord can take it from us at any moment. God bless us all in being totally focused on him and desirous of His perfect will
    lovemy123456

Answer by lovemy123456 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• icook, I do not know what part of the DC area you live in, but you are lucky. I too live in the DC area and in the past year alone our home value has dropped by about $100,000, my neighborhood is full of foreclosures. We would love to sell our house, but the market is horrible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2008