do c sections hurt?

Bradswifey720

Asked by Bradswifey720 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Do you mean during the procedure? They shouldn't. If they do, then tell the anesthesiologist. The recovery ain't fun. You HAVE to take it easy. Listen to your body, and if what you're doing hurts, STOP. I managed to be up and walking for fitness in about 2 weeks, but I listened to my body and I took it easy and slowly progressed according to what I felt I could do. I had a very smooth recovery.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• yes.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Not during the C-section and I had very little pain after. Didn't even use the pain killers I was given after I left the hospital. I think it depends on the persons level of pain tolerance.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• All surgery hurts. Having an incision on your uterus hurts. It takes a while to heal.

I have heard stories where the epidermal or spinal block or anesthesia didn't work and women actually felt the surgery. Medicine isn't perfect
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Of course it does,some not as bad as others and they do give you meds to help... If you have to have a c-section, don't worry so much on that part.. Child birth is painful no matter how it happens :)

Now the actual surgery does not hurt because you are numbed before they start but the recover can be...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I had 2 C- sections and did great..I didn't have a choice with either baby, but you are limited to things you can and can't do. But I didn't have any probs.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Not during at all. And honestly, it was not nearly as bad as I expected afterwards. I was sore, yea, but it just felt like I have done 10,000 sit-ups, lol. But...they give you pain meds. I actually experienced very little pain before, during, and after.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Each person is different and each c-section is different. My 1st c-section did not hurt at all. I took no pain meds and was up walking about 5 hours after it. By the 2nd week I was playing tennis, soccer and starting to jog again. But my 2nd c-section was totally different. I was sore. I didn't take pain meds. But moved much slower and took longer to heal.
    MuddyHuggies

Answer by MuddyHuggies at 10:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• the actual procedure didnt hurt..i could feel tugging, which just felt weird, but not painfull..dd was born at 431am..i was back up in my room at about 6..(they made me stay right outside the operating room for a while) at around 7, dr came back to check on me, and give me an update on my daughter (there were some complications) i asked if i could see her..they wouldnt let me until i could walk down there myself..yaaaaa i was in pain, i could barely move my legs still..at about 10am, i started to make my way down there (it was about 50 feet downt he hall) i made it there 30-40 minutes later..i was walkin sooooo slow..but a few hours later, i was better..it just hurt alot to go from sitting or laying down to standing..but i healed fine..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I had an emergency c-section so I don't know what it feels like. But the recovery sucked! The pain meds worked wonders but it's very painful! You're suppose to get the staples out after a week, and I felt very relieved!
    JuwansMommy

Answer by JuwansMommy at 12:29 AM on Nov. 19, 2010