Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 10:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• honestly, I don't think I would. I don't know enough about CPR to do it properly, I don't think, and in this day and age, I would be worried about getting sued (but that has nothing to do with the person being homeless). I'd certainly call 911 though and do as instructed by the operator.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I am afraid to give CPR to anybody, not a germ thing but a personal preference. However, in the heat of the moment I probably would.
    In our CPR class last year, the guy told us that CPR usually doesn't work and the person ends up dying anyway. That was followed by severla personal stories from class participants that had used CPR with the same result. (person dying). Also high risk of being sued if you attempt and it doesn't work or person gets broken bones from CPR.
    However, I think since a law has been passed that you can no longer sue if person is trying to save your life.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• yes
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Of Course
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have a CPR mask on my keychain so yes.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes I would not be able to not dream of allowing them to die.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 10:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• they're no more likley to have "anything" than you are PURPUL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• yes
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes I would and I have!!!!!!!! You can't catch anything incurable from mouth to mouth! When you see them dying in front of you, you honestly don't even think about that unless you are cold and heartless!!!!! I am in school for my nursing degree and didn't hesitate to help. I guess the people who are uneducated don't know any better and would think they could actually catch something from them. Honestly 9 times out of 10 you wouldn't and it is almost never heard of!!!! I wish more people were educated in this because it could possibly save more lives :(
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Good luck with that OP
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2010