Do you have Comcast? What's your bill? What services?

I'm about $70 a month for basic and a silver digital add on for $10 more. No premium channels. I need to get my cable to more like $30 or I guess the next step is nothing - no cable at all, but my guys are fighting that! Personally, I think we would have better grades but I would miss some of my shows (House of Payne) for sure. What to do, What to do?? And we're TV people not movie people. I've already tried the netflix thing, it does not work for us for entertainment. It takes to long for them to get the movies back cuz we live in a small podunk town in Northern California.

mom2priceboys

Asked by mom2priceboys at 10:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• I've asked this. You are in a tough spot if you're in a smaller town. Have you looked at downloading shows on your computer? I see a few that way and also use Netflix that way. Our bill is 130 and we have also hemmed and hawed over how to knock it down. If I get basic cable, it's around 30/month plus tax. And then there's some crap about when you don't bundle, it costs more and basic cable skips Disney channel, on demand and perhaps a food show. I can live w/o this. We just need to do it. Good luck.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i have comcast...i have a million channels i swear and hbo. not sure what package i have but it also includes my phone and internet. pluse i have 2 other cable boxes ( total of 3 ) and it costs me 139.00 a month its crazy. but with my dh working long hours i enjoy sitting down to watch tv at night. and also being able to have kids channels for rainy days with all the kids. i talked to direct tv and a friend has it. it cost her 73.00 a month and she has also a million channels and hbo and stars. might switch to that myself. best of luck it is tough. they tell u it would go down meaning ur bill but then taxes and all that and u end up paying the same for less go figure.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We have Time Warner and my parents have Dish Network. Neither one of those services is $30. Not sure you'll be able to find anything that cheap.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• We have Time Warner and its around $80 for digital with DVR. $70 without the DVR. We were bundled in the past with our phone and internet for around 140 a month but it recently jumped to 170 for the three services and it was cheaper to get our phone and internet through AT&T. I fought with Time Warner for months about t he increases and after being told a dozen times we were no longer in a bundle deal and they could not re bundle long time customers we made the switch. The moment I called to cancel my phone and internet with them they suddenly could offer me a bundle with a 2 year contract and guarantee of no rate increase for 2 years. If dealing with Time Warner and you want the best deal possible speak to someone in the Retention Department, they can give you the better deals that the normal reps don't have access too. We will be switching back to them this month as ATT interent is to slow.
    Alyia72

Answer by Alyia72 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2010