Is anyone NOT voting today? Why?

Post anon if you feel more comfortable. I am voting, just wondering with all the questions, media, and election hoopla....

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 8:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• no i will not be voting if i could have each and every one of you be with me for one day you would no why my car is never in this driveway my husband has no license i have to drive him back and forth to work my father is ill and my mother doesn't drive i have to run all their errands and mine and my mil doesn't drive either so i am doing things for her this is an every day ordeal plus find time to take care of my own home and family
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• NO! I feel I do not know enough politically, or know anything about the electoral college and what not. I never follow up on the election stuff anyways it bores me lol. So I choose not to vote until I know more about it and what not.
    anaandryan

Answer by anaandryan at 8:41 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• When gas cost over $4 per gallon I said I wouldn't bother unless there were ballot issues. Now I've read up on the issues and most of the other races besides the one for US President (there is always more than one thing to vote about!) and I'm ready to go.

I do wish it was easier to vote, for people like the mom in the first answer. Hearing about the hours long lines for early voters impressed upon me how we need some kind of improvements, new procedures.

Maybe the lines are long because first time voters are surprised to learn there are other people and issues on their ballots. I'll try to remember to see if a person can only vote for President or not, because I wonder if you can just do the one thing.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 8:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I hate to admit this but no. I do not feel either candidate is the right one so why would I choose to vote when all I would be doing is picking the lesser of two evils? 300 million people in this country and these two bozos are the only choices?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I won't vote today because I absentee voted yesterday!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 9:00 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• This was my first election to vote in. I too have felt no one deserved my time, this year with the way things are going I felt I should vote.
    thats_karma

Answer by thats_karma at 9:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I'm not voting either, and I generally consider myself a very political person and quite informed of the issues. But honestly for various reasons, I can't bring myself to vote for either one of them. I'd just rather let others make the decision.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I never vote. This is basically because I feel that a majority of the American public is not listened too anyway. There are so many mucky mucks that say and do as they please, and then there are so many just plain ole' Americans that are not given the time of day. "Just sit back, take it, and live your life" so to say. I feel that Mucky Mucks make a election what they want it too be, they pick the people running and I believe they know who they want to win anyway. By "allowing" the public to crawl out of the woodwork once every 4 years is a just bi Razzle Dazzle act, to make us feel we are important and have a say in the way the country is ran. People having a actual say? Nothing could be farther then the truth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• VOTE OR DIE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Just curious about the people who aren't voting because they can't decide on which president...aren't there other things on the ballot that MIGHT concern you? You can leave the presidential one blank and move on to the rest...it's not all about the president. Just wondering...
    Anonymous