What are your thoughts about cursive writing?

I've always written cursive and finding it's becoming a lost art. Too bad that it's losing it's place in the schools, how do you feel about it?

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My son is learning it in PreK. I think it is a good skill to have and think it is sad that so many kids won't even know how to sign their name.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It's taught in my daughter's school. But, I agree. If I am writing in my journal, I always use cursive because there's more thought coming from brain to pen.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I loved learning it in school I wish they still did at all schools , my brother never correctly learned how . I work at a bank and when I ask some customers to sign there names I thought everyone knew cursive but I was wrong .

waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 11:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think it's antiquated. It is pretty, but I don't see the point in teaching it anymore.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Our schools all still teach it, and when I write everything is a mix of writing and print (my own special blend)... But seeing how most people don't write things any more, I don't see why it needs to be the priority it used to be...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I always use cursive.  Personally I find it a lot easier on my hand and wrist because it flows so smoothly.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It's nice to hear other peoples comments, thank you. But I'll always write cursive..Too many yrs of writing this way :)
    Kathy675

Comment by Kathy675 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i love it i always use it. it always looks so nice and neat
    mrs.sugar

Answer by mrs.sugar at 1:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2010