How did you tell your husband/SO that you all were pregnant?

I am waiting on my final appointment 2morrow to confirm or not if I am going to be having our second child. I am nervous because the first time around he told me that I was pregnant .

How did you tell yours was it romantic, slipped out, shown test , etc..........

karing4elmas

Asked by karing4elmas at 11:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With our first child together..he went to work i took a test..kept it secret till dinner time...ate dinner together and was talking to my lil boy who was from a prev relashinship he was going to have to start being a big boy becauSe he was going to be a big brother...My husband just looked at me and said* WHAT*DID YOU SAY (I REPETED)...AND HE SMILED ....AND IT WAS JUST A GREAT MOMENT!!!
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My husband bought the test, and stood outside the bathroom door until I took it, he wanted to find out the same time I found out. Not very romantic, but I thought it was cute that he was so anxious.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• That is funny, he told you.
    I told mine over a shot of whiskey at an Irish Pub. Last drink for 10 months.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• With my first, DH was the one who just had a feeling and he kept hounding me to take a test. I remember it was the first night of a new season of "House" (one of my fave shows) and we had just hung up the phone, him harping on me to take a test & call him right back. (He was working out of town at the time and living in an RV). I decided to watch the beginning and take the test during the commercial break. I did, I was, and no more House was to be watched that night. He called his boss and said he'd be out for the next 2 days and he came home & the next day we paraded around & told the whole family. :)
    This time around (I'm 26 weeks now) I believe I knew the moment of conception. (Call me crazy... my mom says she knew when I was conceived too.) I told him I REALLY thought I was pregnant and it killed me to wait 2 weeks to be able to take a test. Finally the day came and voila!! I showed him the test & we cried happy tears.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• with our first daughter I called him at work and told him, With our second daughter When he got home I ran outside to the car and showed him the test
    toriturtle

Answer by toriturtle at 11:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• With the first I went to the doctor and found out and came home and told him.. with the second he knew before I took the test and with the third he knew be fore I took the test. He was ever excited everytime atleast when the test confirmed it
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:01 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I texted a picture of the positive test to him at work :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:46 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I took the test, was shocked and climbed back in bed. when he woke up I just told him "so, we're pregnant' Lol he was still pretty sleepy and couldn't quite get words out but he grabbed me and gave me a strong embrace. It was sweet, then he had to get ready for work. Lol. Not very romantic or anything but i loved it.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:32 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• DH knew before I did! We were testing every other day, and I had done my usual pee on a stick and set it on the counter routine (we had bought cheap test in bulk, and they took 5 minutes to show a result). I got breakfast going, and sat down to eat. DH got up and went into the bathroom, then came right out, grabbed my arm and wirelessly pulled me into the bathroom where we both stood, staring in disbelief at 2 dark lines. We then started laughing with joy and crying and hugged. So he knew before I did! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:27 AM on Nov. 20, 2010