daycare in a rental house??

is it logical? I am really wanting to look into opening my own daycare but my house is really small. any ideas>

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 11:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Most people who operate businesses RENT a business location. It makes perfect sense that you could rent a location in which to operate a day care. Make sure it has a fenced yard, as you don't want to have to use any of your own money for improvements. ALSO, make sure that the place you rent CAN be used for a business, as many houses are zoned only for residential use...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I know if I wanted to do something like that I have to clear it with my landlord first.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yea that is kind of hard if you rent one and then something happens . I say if you could get a lease that will allow you a good amount of time in case the landlord need you to move that is great.Also see if they can do most of the work that you need to be state approved. I say this because most daycare have to modify the areas for little ones.

karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 11:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think you should check with your landlord. That could be a liability on him. Maybe you can take out an insurance policy for your business.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010