Is it true?

Is it true that if you eat fast food/junk food a lot during your pregnancy, you're baby will most likely grow up to only love fast food/junkfood? And possibly become overweight...

Mskixxalot

Asked by Mskixxalot at 11:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it being like encoded in their DNA but if you choose to eat a lot of fast food during your pregnancy and proceed to eat it even when they child is born it would make sense if you ended up with an obese child if you didn't monitor their diet correctly.
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• No

Answer by admckenzie at 11:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Nope. Not at all. That IS an acquired taste much like salt, however, it is by being exposed outside the womb and not from inside.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I don't think so, but it's not good for mom or baby to eat fast food/junk food. And becoming overweight is definitely a possibility.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I don't know how much research is on it, but it does seem whatever I really wanted and indulged in during pregnancy, DD certainly can't get enough of it now. And by what I indulged in, I mean double cheeseburgers from McD's. :D She would kick & kick at just me smelling the fries. Now I'm preggy again & this one kicks for Chinese food.
    All the books say too that if you eat lots of veggies, the baby will be less picky as they grow. During her pregnancy I ate a lot of veggies, and DD LOVED her veggies, let me tell you... but one day she just decided "nope, I'm not eating those" - I know she still likes them but she just REFUSES to eat them anymore, so I've resorted to V8 Fusion juices to get veggies in her. So I don't know how much water that holds either... those books.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I ate everything when I was pregnant with my first, and a lot of it.

He barely eats anything.
    Anonymum

Answer by Anonymum at 11:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• no your baby will only be overweight if you feed it fast food and teach to eat junk. take care of yourself you baby needs you to.
    best wishes.
    cuteness13983

Answer by cuteness13983 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2010