How do you and your husband handle opposite sex friendships?

Are you guys "allowed" to give out your numbers to coworkers or school mates whatever to be friends out side of that situation, do you guys talk about it first? Im in a frustrating situation, just wanna know how other couples handle it....

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• DH and I trust each other, but friends of the opposite sex like that are not acceptable in our marriage. It is just not something we are ok with.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 9:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• We don't have friends of the opposite sex. We have some mutual friends, other married couples, we always hangout together.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• What is there to "handle" he has his friends I have mine... Who cares what gender they are? Friends are friends...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We don't deal with that at all. We were best friends before we got married and of course the newlywed part you don't really want anyone else around anyway! Then we had kids. Honestly neither of us would be comfortable with exchanging numbers or having friends of the opposite sex. I can see if you are taking classes maybe then getting everyone's number for last-minute study groups or whatever but definitely not starting text or phone calls just because and not relating to the class or work. Also co-workers would be ok but only if it has something ot do with work. A lot of times this is how emotional affairs start, you become close to someone other than your husband and then start sharing more with them than you do with your husband. Good luck, hope you can resolve this.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 11:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My Husband and I trust each other enough to have friends of the opposite sex, and We both do. It's never been a problem, at least, not on either of Our ends. There have been friends We both stopped speaking to because they crossed the line - NOT Us. But that was a long time ago.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• if the women looks like it and walks like it and talks like it then she must be a slut dont trust anyone
    jimenez123415

Answer by jimenez123415 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Like they are friends. I give DH's number to everyone cause I hate talking on the phone and I don't make phone calls...My best friend knows that if she wants to talk she has to call...I didn't call my husband until we were engaged..I'm just weird I guess. I guess to us gender doesn't matter. We have good friends and they are both girls and guys...I'd hate to be the annoying wife that worries because my husband talked to another woman.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We handle old friends of both genders well. I have many guy friends from school, just as he has female friends.

We DO NOT "make" new friends of the opposite sex. Should my husband pass out his number to a new female friend, I would come unglued. (And he would at me if I were to give out my telephone number). A female co-worker can talk to him at work, during work hours. A female classmate can speak with him during school.

Opening the door to "new" friends of the opposite sex might open the door to temptation. I value my husband too much to risk it.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• my SO has been really jealous latley and caused lots of problems in our relationship because he gives me shit just for having friends on facebook that are men. i dont mind if he has friends that are girls on facebook, comments on there status and stuff like that but no i would not be okay with him getting a girls number at work. i just dont see the point of that. doesnt make sense...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• it is okay with him and i see no promblem
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010