is there anything i can do

about me seeing children ages 3 and 4 or around those ages roaming outside alone. i live in a not so good neighborhood and i am very scared for these young children i see just roaming freely in the appartment complex. is there anything i can do pretty much anonoumously? i wish the mothers of these children wouldn't let them go out alone without them watching them. something could happen to them. do you know of anything to do or should i just leave it alone?

iluvmymomasboys

Asked by iluvmymomasboys at 11:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nex time you see them roaming around, call the police and have them do a welfare check. Please.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• call the police , a neglect charge is needed , just say you are a concerned neighbor , and the kids are out there now when you see them call.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• and at what age is it ok to let your kids roam freely by themselves? to me it would be 12 or 13. i get so mad when i see especially little girls so young 7 or 8 by themselves. and i was furious seeing a 2 year old girl with her no older than 4 year old by themselves at the little park in our appartment complex
    iluvmymomasboys

Comment by iluvmymomasboys (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• If in doubt, I would call the police,anything over about 10 they will prob not do anything about unless it is late at night or something. But the two year old, they will do something about!
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:34 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• well hunny, on all miltary posts, at age 10 they can run around outide by themselves, and they ca stay home alone for up 2 hours, and Iagree with that, bt honestly all of our kids ag 7 and older play outside and yes, we are in a guarded , gated community, with soldiers at the gate, but 12 ANd 13 is pretty old, I mean kiscan legally babysit at 12! I think 7 and 8 is fine, any younger is not!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I'd say call the police! If something happened to those kids you would feel terrible that you didnt speak up.
    IheartArianna07

Answer by IheartArianna07 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2010