why do my kid want to sleep in my room

every night my kids ask me if they can sleep in my room this has been going on for the past 3 weeks i just dont see y any ideas out there

jimenez123415

Asked by jimenez123415 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Ask them, I bet they will tell you. Are you wanting to get them out of your bed? If it is a security issue or just more fun in your bed, try a new routine in their room(s). Reading, talking, just sitting with them until they fall asleep sometimes will help boost their security enough to get them back to their own rooms. You could also try to have a slumber party in the living room, watch tv/movies, have popcorn, etc., but agreeing that the next night it is back to their own beds. Good Luck to you!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 7:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Mine ask from time to time also. For no apparent reason. They just like to snuggle. And like jimenez said - I think they like the security. Especially if they have had a long week or if we've been busy and not had a lot of time at home. Sometimes I let them and sometimes I don't. I like my bed to myself once in a while :) lol Maybe once a week I let each of them have a turn.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:24 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Security, knowing that you're close.
    AMarineWife

Answer by AMarineWife at 9:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Has there been any major changes in their life or routines?

I don't let me kids sleep in my bed (unless there's a thunderstorm going on, they are sick, or something REALLY scares them), but I will let them climb in my bed in the morning if they just want to relax. Only my 4 year old ever asks though.
    I don't think my bed is big enough for me and all the kids (oh, and dh too!). LOL
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 7:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010