My hands are soooooo dry. :( What are some good products?

I've got the Gold Bond healing lotion, another one from Jergen's, but both of those seem to irritate the dry patches (around my knuckles & wrist) - sometimes those areas get red and really raw. It always happens to my hands this time of year, when the air starts getting really dry. All summer long it's fine. I noticed it first starting about 5 yrs ago or so, at my old job, but at the time I thought it was from using abrasive paper towels to dry our hands all the time there.

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Health

• I read that if your showers are too hot and your skin is dry that you shower in cooler water and also apply coconut oil.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Hmmm... I do REALLY love hot showers... so relaxing. But my hands are the only problem areas, I guess because I'm always washing them throughout the day, too, with hot water. Coconut oil, huh? Interesting. I bet my dad has some Eucerin or Aquaphor, or both, too - I'll ask him if I can use some. He's always got lotion on hand - I think maybe I inherited some dry skin condition.
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• shea butter, best for everything.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 12:01 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• my mil has terrible chaffing and cracking even bleeding in the winter. she used the burt's bees therapeutic hand lotion and said it was great...even better if you put it on at night with gloves. it stinks though...but better than pain and bleeding.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:04 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Vaseline has a great hand lotion with baby oil in it. "Deep Hydrating Hand Cream" I like to use it when I give myself a basic manicure at home, and want the baby oil for my nails and the lotion for the skin. I only have to use it once a day and it works well. Plus, it smells good too!

Here's a link!
    http://www.johnsonsforyou.com/products_dry.jsp?id=3#spot
    wrightae

Answer by wrightae at 12:16 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Palmer's Shea Butter. It's the best thing I've found. I have the same thing, mine is on the back of my hands and between my fingers though. It really works! Or California Baby baby lotion.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Good question!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Gloves at night make all the difference. I have even slathered on Neosporin and slept with latex gloves on my hands to heal all the cracks. It worked wonders.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:26 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I really like the satin hands set from Mary Kay. I don't ever get dry hands, for me it's actually my feet. But I use on them a sugar scrub, which also makes my hands feel great, it's wonderful stuff, and then follow up with somethign called emulsifier cream or something by Mary Kay. That combo might also work.
    Oh and CUREL has amazing targeting products.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 5:03 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 19, 2010