If the bible say that you should not worship anything other than God, why do you worship and pray to Jesus?

I went to a private christian school bc the schools in my area wernt good. When it would be chaple day i would just sit in the back and listen to what was going on. people would be shouting thank you jesus and praying in jesus name and excetra. i thought that christians can only worship God. why do most worship jesus?

rachelisamail

Asked by rachelisamail at 9:16 AM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• i am not christian i am muslim and dont believe that jesus is gods son i was just asking a question and thank u 4 ur responses
    rachelisamail

Answer by rachelisamail at 1:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• The mainstream Christian view is that Jesus is in fact God incarnate (The trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). Therefore praying to Jesus is the same as praying to God. The Bible (new testament) also says that the only way to get to God is through Jesus.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Because Jesus is the flesh version of God. They are one in the same. God had to become flesh so that He could physically die for us. That was the only way He clear our sins and fight Satan.
    The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are three parts of God. So you are always with Him, as He is with you.
    GlobalMommy

Answer by GlobalMommy at 9:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Doesn't it also mention that God is the god of the dead and Jesus is the god of the living? I agree with what everyone else said. I was trying to look it up so I could tell you the exact verses but I couldn't find it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• why should he die for human ?? i mean does it make sence that a God will appear in ahuman state to die for human ?
    isn't God greater that that ?
    and if so the main things that describes A God is that he is never born and never die ?? and jesus as u said died ... where did he go after his death ?
    fire

Answer by fire at 10:28 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Hi,
    Try reading the book of John chapters 15 vs 16 and John 16 vs 23. Hopefully this will answer why people should pray to God in the name of Jesus. You could also try different Bible answer sites online.
    The bible says you should have no other God's before me. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are one, so being thankful to Jesus for being the ultimate sacrifice for us (because of our sins)isn't wrong. When we thank Him, we are also thanking God the Father.
    Jesus was there all along from the beginning. See Genesis 1:26 when God says things like "Let us", "In our" and "After our".
    Through Him and His word, you'll find the answers you seek.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• ok the idea of trniity that u beleive in i don understand it and whenever i ask any christiens they tells me that i must be christien to understand it and honeslty i don feel that most of u really understand
    i can say simply that there is only one god created us all to whorship him adam was the fatehr of human that did a mistake nad god told him how to correct it by asking forgivness form him
    simple like that , and u know adams and eve story, so why didn God choose moussa isntead ?? why did he have to wait until jesus was born what about the people who dies before jesus ??

but the trinity thing is so complicated that i don think anyone really understand it
    fire

Answer by fire at 10:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Welcome to the world of atheism!! You are starting to think for yourself. Just Kidding!! Yeah they tried to explain it to me, but they can't. So it is open for rationalization only. The bible states they are the one and the same, yet it also states they are separate beings. But since Jesus seems to be the key to their salvation I would guess that's why. But I'm not the one to ask as I'm agnostic/atheist and proud. Hugs!!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:03 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• well i wanted to know about agnostic too can u tell me
    fire

Answer by fire at 11:06 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Trinity 101 - This is how I used to teach my 4 & 5 year olds. Does everyone see this glass of water its called H20. Does everyone see this bowl of ice its frozen water that is still H20. I have a pot of water on a burner,  can everyone feel and see this steam coming off the water its still H20. They are all different they serve different purposes but they are all H20 water. We need water to survive or we die like God. Ice is solid it holds us up like Jesus, steam you can feel but its hard to see Holy Spirit. But they are all water.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 11:22 AM on Jul. 5, 2008