anyone else have restless legs???

i never had it til i was 6months pregnant. i am 37weeks now and still have it. it only starts when i want to go to sleep or it will wake me from my sleep. its so annoying. is it caused by the pregnancy or is it just me?

otoole

Asked by otoole at 11:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ive had it for years , worse when pg ,
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• oh great, how do u deal with it?
    otoole

Comment by otoole (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• yup

Answer by admckenzie at 12:00 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I've had it my whole life too and it was accelerated during pregnancy. There's really nothing you can do to stop it. Since you have never had it til now, it will probably go away after you deliver. Talk to your doctor about it, he/she may have better options.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i used to sleep sitting up and i does go away after preg. but the docs cant help much they will say its from the pressure on your pelvis and offer natural sleep aids, good luck
    columbria

Answer by columbria at 12:15 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• thanks columbria :)
    otoole

Comment by otoole (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• glad to help.
    columbria

Answer by columbria at 12:22 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I started getting it when I was about 6 1/2 to 7 months pregnant and I thought i was going to lose my MIND! Not only was I pregnant tired, but I was JET-LAGGED from being overseas, and I could not catch up. I tried everything, including putting a bar of soap under my sheets. I know, crazy, but I was desperate! And no, that didn't work.... Now, I usually drink soy milk, but I actually ended up spending the last 3 months of my pregnancy in the hospital, where I was giving real milk. I discovered that when I drank cow's milk before going to bed, I slept like a baby--NO RLS! Hope it works for you!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I'm not sure of the safety during pregnancy, but I use an herbal supplement called Restful Legs that works very well for me. You might look it up and ask your doc if the herbs are okay during pregnancy. I know Mirapex isn't safe. It sucks, I know mine was so much worse when I was pregnant! At least you're in the home stretch!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2010