pregnancy test

OK - so I've been very hormonal lately. I'm due for AF on Saturday but decided to POAS this morning. I waited the 5 minutes and the results were negative. I went out to vote, came back about 45 mins later and was going to throw the stick away - and it said positive - it was faint but definitely positive. Has this happened to anyone? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Happened to a good friend of mine. She now has a baby boy.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Tests are NOT accurate 15-20 minutes afterwards. A negative can turn positive and a positive can turn negative. I'm had my pee test for almost 3 months (it was positive!) and it is still reading positive but negative tests often turn positive after the validity f the test has expired.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:33 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• The instructions in the test box will tell you how long after peeing on the stick not to read the results. I hope your test gives you a BFP in a few days, but as for now, it sounds like it's just an evaporation line (the strip gets stained by the urine and once it dries, the line is very barely visible, but that's not a positive). Test again in a few days, and I'm sending you tons of baby dust!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 8:37 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Most likely an evaporation line, as I was told when my test had a faint line after the elapsed time; I waited 2 days and retested though, and BFP... so I think you should do the same. It could be a positive but you won't know until you retest thanks to the time expiration :|

leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 8:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• With my daughter I had gone into a pregnancy center to test and the lady waited like 15 mins for it to turn positive. I now have a beautiful little girl!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 1:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2008