Has Anyone Been Put On Bc To Help Them Get Pregnant

the lining of my uterus is just a little thick.. my doc put me on birth control to try and help thin it.. i was having a lot of sharp pains and cramps and just not good days before i was on b.c like everyday i was sore after a few days of being on b.c NO PAINS WHAT-SO-EVER! ( im on nuva ring btw) anyhooo has anyones doc done this before did it work. my dh and i have been ttc since july.. how long should i stay on bc? if you have gone threw this can you tell me every bit of info you know and that would be useful to me thanks!!

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My neice got pregnant at 17. She was on BC about 2 months but thinks she may have missed a dose or two. She and her BF were together and had been for a long time. In fact they had unprotected sex for 2 yrs with no baby. After the baby was born she went to get BC thinking this was going to help prevent further pregnancy. 2 babies later..all 3 concieved on the pill the fertility specialist figured it out. Her hormones are so screwed up from PCOS that being on BC is the only way she could get pregnant.. Her 'birth control" is avoiding all hormone based birth control.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• mam thats the only way i seemed to concieve once you are off give it three months it may be different for you but it happened for me with my one youngest planned baby my first one with the depo it took two years. but with the nuva ring mine slipped out and i got prego on accident.
    columbria

Answer by columbria at 12:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• wow that is crazy!!! i dont have pcos... but that is good info.. isn't it so funny how many people get surprised pregnancies and how many people try and try to get pregnant and cant!! ( Im not Knocking on teen pregnancies or "oopps Pregnancies) i had one myself.. just saying..
    SammiGirl07

Comment by SammiGirl07 (original poster) at 12:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My doctor put me on it for 6 months to take care of some irregularities. It didn't help me but I know a lot of people who went on it for 3-6 months, went off of it and BAM got pregnant. Going off made them ovulate right away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2010