would you give them back ?

All through high school I dated the same boy.. he was my first love ! While we were dating he gave me alot of his childhood photos and memorables ( like his basketball jersey, vacation suveniors, etc) .... wehn we broke up I was so heartbroken and my grandma packed all the things up and I thought she threw them away but she kept them in one of her closets.

We were cleaning out her closets the other day and I found the box of things ... I was thinking if mayeb I should give them back ? I would just get a post office box and mail them.. but I do not know their address, but I do know his sister has a facebook and was thinking of sending her a message and asking her ( she isnt on my list though and I havent had any contact with any of them in about 6 years... his mom did talk to me about a year after we broke up and was so happy to see me get married and have a daughter, and told me she always liked me, etc) .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• He is now married and I am not sure if it would just seem like I am trying to cause trouble or something.... but all I would do is simply box them up and send them and since I would tell her that I am sending them in the facebook message I wouldnt add a note or anything like that...

I just dont really want to throw away those things ( now that I am a mom and I save everything my kids do) .... I dont know, I am just not sure ...

Also I did try to add his sister one time probably a year or two ( because I did know her ) .. and she declined but with no message or anything... and she has over 500 people on her list, so i think maybe it is deeper than just not having me on her list? I think for that reason it is kind of making it hard to decide to try and contact her again ?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yes. I would never have given any of my childhood things to someone other than my husband or children, but if I had made the mistake of doing that, it would make me really happy if someone returned them. It would really hurt to think that the person I gave them to threw them away. It would be very nice of you to see that he gets them back.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 12:18 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yes, I think that would be very nice of you. I did the exact same thing with an ex bf after I got married. He gave me these pics of him as a child and although I protested I kept them somewhere tucked away all those years. When i ran across them I got in touch with his mother and got them back to her. I also told her not to let them out of her site till that man was married! lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would send her a message and tell her exactly what you told us and ask for an address to mail them too. Tell her you have no intention of even talking to him, but you think he should have that stuff back. Or ask for his parents address. I am sure they would pass it along.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Even if tehy DO take it as a ploy to start trouble, you will prove that assumption wrong by not starting trouble :) You sound like such a sweet person. I say send the things back to him :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I think it would be a nice, sincere gesture if you don't expect anything in return. You can even add a note to the package saying what you wrote here!
    wrightae

Answer by wrightae at 12:26 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I have a class ring of an old boyfriend's. I want to give it back to him because it's not mine to keep. It is something he can give to his children and not have it stowed in a shoebox in my closet.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:27 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yep, I would give them back. My ex and I were first loves for each other and together for 4 years (from 14-18yrs)and I had a bunch of pics I had on old film rolls I developed. Well I was friends with him and his mom and still had thier address so I sent him all the old pics I had. He was very greatful because they were from a time when he didn't have very many pictures from then :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would. I think he would appreciate it. I dont think they would take it as you trying to start something...you sending the stuff BACK for crying out loud!
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 12:32 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• SEND EM BACK, you can send her sister an invite once again and click on the tab for a message to go along with the invite.
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2010