"downstairs area" aches..... help...

ok so its pregnancy pain i guess(18 weeks pregnant)all the muscles all around there are sore.... sometimes i feel a very sharp pain that slowly goes away.... anyone experience this before? any suggestions on how to relieve the pain??

SQ13

Asked by SQ13 at 12:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Possibly ligament pain, as that's what I started to experience around that same time. I'm now at 39 weeks and it has gotten worse because of the heavy belly but it will go away afterwards! Try slowing down a bit when you're moving awkwardly (especially getting into and out of the car) and warm epsom salt baths are wonderful at the end of the day!!!
    wrightae

Answer by wrightae at 12:52 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Get the circulation happening. maybe go for a little walk or have a warm bath.
    loleah

Answer by loleah at 2:07 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Probably round ligament pain, and there could be pressure on your cervix if the baby happens to be low (as happens in some women). There's not much you can do about ligament pain. Try some gentle heat (like the bath suggestion), and you can use Tylenol when it's really bad. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• its your body making room. try to relax more and think of it as just being uncomfortable not pain. I had it the worse with my daughter. I would jump. lol best wishes
    cuteness13983

Answer by cuteness13983 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010