Call of Duty--Addiction

Hey all you mama's!! Do any of your hubby's love their video games? My husband hasn't been really too into video games...usually he'll buy a new game and play it for a little while, until he beats the game..and I'm fine with that...because it's like a few days...and he doesn't usually even play it all day. But this past week, he bought the new Call of Duty, Black OPS game, and I must say...I don't know what's the big deal about it! He's been playing for hours and hours on end..and sometimes he loses track of time. Once he played for 6 hours and told me he actually thought it was only about 30 minutes...come on now! Now, with my dad's second wife, she got tired of his Call of Duty gaming addiction, and called it quits...now his wife understands that he likes the game, and she deals with it. I also came to find out, my cousin's husband is very into the same game as well!!! Ugh! What's the big deal?!!

BBorjas83

Asked by BBorjas83 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Entertainment

• DH LOVES Call of Duty. He used to play SOOOO much and I used to sit and watch . I love it too. Only...I suck at playing lol! But he used to play for hours before DD was born and that was ok I didnt mind. Now he only plays a game or 2 a night before bed. I asked for a ps3 and the game for Christmas so I could play too! Lets see what Santa brings :0)
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 12:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Haven't played it yet. We just bought the Xbox 360 Kinect though and I absolutely love it. We have the sports package and I bought Zumba today. I need Dance Central and I'll be good. I can't see myself becoming addicted to games though.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I hear ya! We just moved into out house and I asked dh when we could get internet and he said "don't put a time frame on me". Then this game comes out a week later and all of a sudden its "can you call comcast tomorrow". All this just so he can play online. I threathen him sometimes that I'm going to hide the game!
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 12:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Dont get me started on video games, xbox, or COD!
    My husband has always been a gamer. he has played World Of Warcraft until it overthrown our PC... Now i keep laptops only we both know laptops do NOT handle games well ;-)
    He has had an xbox for years.. cant stand it! He will play it alllllll day from breakfast till bedtime on the weekends if i let him.. Im so tired of hearing the bombs crashing, the guns go off.. its just all horrible.. and how worked up they get.. really?! your going to have a heart attack over a game!
    COD has been a huge thing for him in the last few years. the new one just came out & his gamer friends are all over it.. We are tight on money & someone he plays xbox with bought it for him! Just was like "hey we need u in the game man, i just moneygramed you $70. go get the game!" .... REALLY!!! CRazy! (but sweet, huh?)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:00 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• before dd came along 4yo we BOTH got into world of warcraft for 2yrs... i look back now & we both agree it was alot of waisted time & we could have done so much more with our time & money -- as a couple & personal growth.. Even though he agrees with this he doesnt see how playing his xbox for 2hrs a day could be effecting him.. lol ...
    I hate video games!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My husband has been playing COD for the past few years. He is obsessed. He bought $200 head sets just so he can hear the footsteps of enemies in the game and so he can scream at other players and discuss strategies while playing on-line.
    He works in the industry so this is pretty normal for our family. All of my friends are wives of my husband's co-workers, so we understand what's it's like to be Gamer Wives.
    Our 6 yr old is also COD obsessed. He has already beaten Black Ops. He's pretty damn good.
    Some men have other addictions, mine has COD, and I just deal with it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I hate the game myself! My husband like it and all his buddies, his brother, his brother's buddies. I don't know what it is, but every time it's on it makes me sick! Honestly! I can't take the flickering of the light on the tv, the sound, anything. My husband has reduced himself to getting the headphones this way I can't hear the tv, and the guys talking. It's really bad, but I get a migrane if I walk in the room and its on.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 3:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• my SO isnt into call of duty but loves assasins creed
    honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010