So what is the point of those things that come on facebook saying, "You won't believe what this boy did... yada yada yada..." and you have to click on it to find out...

But when you click on it, it asks to access your information, and when you agree, you don't get anywhere, but it reposts on your site? I've never clicked on one, but every time I see one from someone else, I ask them what they saw, and they always say "Nothing". So what's the point? Are they just trying to get FB info? Just trying to be obnoxious?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 12:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Technology

• Yeah, they can get to your profile info, and thereby some limited info on your friends, etc. Not cool. I wish my friends wouldn't click on them. I just don't trust it. And it is never good, positive things they are spreading. It's usually terrible stuff. Why are we so drawn to terrible things, anyhow? I guess curiosity. Still, best not to open those cans of worms.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 1:24 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I think I got a computer virus from doing one of those. I wouldn't click on them if I were you! They use eye catching words to get you to click on them.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It "steals'" your profile info..I say that in quotes because actually by clicking you allowed it. Its like the spam of facebook.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i dont click on any of it!
    i wont even play the games on facebook (farmville) because of fear of virus's
    My sister sent out a "look at this a while back" and so my mom thought "oh if my daughter sent it then it must be OK".... They both got virus's....
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:52 AM on Nov. 19, 2010