Is there anything I can take to shorten my cycles? They're currently 40-43 days with ovulation occuring on around day 23-26 depending on how long my cycle is that month.

Is there anything I can do or take to make me ovulate earlier and therefore shorten my cycle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• That depends on why you're cycles are long. If they are just naturally long, then you are probably stuck with them, if it's a hormonal issue then you can fix it with medication and that will get you on a more normal cycle.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• First I would go to the OB/GYN see what they say. I was using when TTC I used OTC Soy it was actually for Menopause and it caused me to O early. You could try that, do a little research on soy and ovulation.
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 9:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Going on the pill can regulate your cycles
    justme19641964

Answer by justme19641964 at 1:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I REFUSE to take hormonal birth control. My doctor put my on BC to "regulate my cycles" before and not only was it a HORRID experience but it didn't work. Plus I'm not comfortable with the risk associated with BC.

Not to mention I don't want to slow down TTC with putting chemical junk in my body.

Thanks anyway
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2010