Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know how I can get help with getting money for christmas?

I was unable to work this whole year due to my son being extremely ill and eventually passing away in may. Plus I was pregnant and was a very high risk pregnancy and was told not to work.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Holidays

Answers (9)
  • I don't know of anyone who will give you money, but they have adopt a family programs where people will donate gifts to your family. Contact your local hospital, school, or a church to find a program.

    Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • I am very sorry to hear about your son. Sorry, I just read the question at first. That must be very difficult to deal with :(

    Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • I'm so sorry about the death of your child.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • Salvation Army. They do xmas help.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • Sorry about your son. It must be very difficult. Who are you trying to buy for? If it's extended family I wouldn't worry anything about them if it's your new baby I wouldn't worry about that baby either they are too young. If you have other children I would try Salvation Army the local churches, schools, Wal_Mart gift trree. I know that times are tough but you will get through this presents or no presents. Just be tahnkful you have each other.

    Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • Off hand I don't know of any other than the charities MomsAngels has mentioned.


    Answer by musicmom08 at 8:26 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • I am so sorry for your loss. Contact your town clerk, police department, and fire department and ask if there are Secret Santas you can sign up for. Also contact your 3 major network TV stations. Most of them have Santa funds that you can sign up for. Look online for phone numbers. I don't know if you work , but has odd jobs under "care gigs" and there might be something there to help. Use the pulldowns to see the different categories of jobs. The closer you are to a big city the more jobs posted. I wish you all the best.

    Answer by elizabr at 8:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • Sorry about the passing of your son! To see about getting help you can google the local community action agency for your city... MOST of the time they work off of your income. GET to it ASAP... the one I worked for accepted appts til about Nov 5-6 so it is getting may still be able to get help you may also want to see about Salvation Army, Goodfellows, the Lions Club or your local church or schools. Most of these will not "hand you cash" but will put you in an "adoption type thing so when you go you might want to take along your "santa list" a lot fo the times agencies want ideas as well as sizes that everyone wears!

    Good Luck to you! Hoping 2011 is a much happier year for you and your family!

    Answer by rebeccadac at 1:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • Contact charities or sell things you don't need.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.