Weird traditions

For the past three years, every Thursday we have what we call couch night. My son gets the great privlege of sleeping on the couch and he looks forward to it. Why, I don't know. He has digital cable in his room so, I don't see the benefit but hey, it makes him happy.

Any weird traditions your kids like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter was a particular when she was young. Everything had to be very orderly. Now, she's a typical teen.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 1:48 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Weird tradition - at Christmas - my children have to wait to see what "Santa" brings them (Not so much a biggie now that they are older and in the "know") until EVERYONE in the house is awake, showered, and dressed all the way down to shoes. It is complete torture and the anticipation was great when the kids were young.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:34 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I don't know if you'd call it a tradition because we don't do it on a regular basis, but my kids love to eat dinner while watching t.v. On rare occasions I will agree to it (depending on the meal) but I really hate it because they always make such a mess.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 9:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I love the couch night idea. DD is 3 and loves it, especially because we have our tree up already. I will have to talk her dad into letting her because he doesnt like her not sleeping in her bed!
    IheartArianna07

Answer by IheartArianna07 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2010