If you've ever taken birth control pills

has it ever made you feel sick to your stomach or given you headaches? I just started back on them after being off for a while and I always feel super sick and get headaches after I take it.

onemellowmom

Asked by onemellowmom at 1:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Health

• I haven't had that. Tell your doctor though, and they'll probably switch you to a different pill.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 1:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• That doesn't sound good or normal. I have been on BC pills for years and it helps with my menstral aches and pains.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:22 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Those are common side effects that are listed in the package insert.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• http://www.health.com/health/condition-article/0,,20326842,00.html

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I never have had any problems with bc pills but anon is right - they are common side effects. Go back to doc and tell him/her and they will probably have you try something else.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:26 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I used to take the pill and every month before my period, I used to get such horrible headaches. After having my children, I decided to try something else and I just love it. Go back to see your doctor and tell him how you feel. You might be able to get a different one that doesn't give you such bad side effects. Hope youvwill find the right one soon.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I did, which is why I stopped BC
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I do. It takes a few months to regulate and then after awhile things get to a normal.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yeah, those are rather common side effects, and were the least of my worries when I tried BC...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:16 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I never got nautious but I've tried the pills which I had a hard time remembering to take so I stopped. But I have done the ring which after aw hile gave me HORRID headaches and my most recent run in after having my son was an immediate repeat of what took a couple months the previous go round so I stopped using it. Same problem was had with the shot for me as well. You may look into something like Mirena which is supposed to I believe have the lowest amount of hormones.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 4:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2010