I'm hosting a moms night in.....

I need help.
Serve wine? Root Beer Floats? Beer?
Eat a dinner? Maybe snacks instead?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Margaritas!!! get them out of the routine of being a mom! have fun! maybe some pictionary. I am just thinking of ideas because i have never been invited to one. Maybe i should host my own Moms night? Good luck with yours
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 2:18 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I just went to one of these last weekend!!! :) It was AWESOME! First of all - don't stress too much. If you all know each other well, no matter what you do it will be fun and relaxed. Here's what we did: we decided around 5:00 and the hostess made a main course and each of us brought something to share. She made 2 kinds of soups. I brought dinner rolls and crackers, someone else brought the dessert, and another person brought beverages. Two of the people don't drink alcohol so she brought sparkling grape juice instead. If you know everyone likes alcohol maybe you could serve wine/beer/wine coolers. PERSONALLY I think root beer floats would be FUN!! :) So after we ate we sat around the living room and chatted for the next 4 hours!! Seriously! The hostess had homemade chex mix and chocolate covered pretzels.If you're not going to be together that long or if you're getting together later then I'd just go with snacks.......
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• but most importantly HAVE FUN AND RELAX!! Enjoy the time to recharge your batteries and have fun with your friends! :)
    mama2000_1

• I vote for wine or apple cider and snacks. The ladies can bring snacks as well if they like.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 1:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Wine for women, Beer for men, Soda for the kids.

dip and crackers, fruit platter, cheese pieces.

hot finger foods.
    loleah

Answer by loleah at 1:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would put out a variety of several European cheese wedges, along with a nice bunch of grapes, some sliced strawberries, Apple slices, one or two types of crackers, and some peeled and sliced cucumbers that are lightly salted. All of it goes great with some red wine. For cheese, I suggest having these cheeses as standard: English stilton, St. Andre, Port Salut and then add anything else that you find at the cheese counter, like irish cheese etc...

Second idea is to have a thanksgiving theme and ask each person to bring one small dish that is ethnic to their background! You provide some wine!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:03 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Wine, snacks, some chocolate for sure!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:00 AM on Nov. 19, 2010